- The warranty applies only to the products carried or distributed by SILICON VALLEY, which can be identified by the SILICON VALLEY warranty sticker.
- Items purchased from SILICON VALLEY is fully warranted from date of purchase for a period of twelve (12) months, or depending upon the warranty stated in front, against manufacturing defects, by reason of design, materials or workmanship.
- Within the warranty period, all defective items are for check-in service only, and are subject for inspection and repair only. The decision for replacement shall be dependent upon the distributor/manufacturer on the defective item(s). SILICON VALLEY will, at its option, repair or replace the defective item(s) at no charge, provided it is returned during the warranty period. Parts for the replacement are warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period.
- For one (1) year from the date of original purchase, SILICON VALLEY will provide the labor for warranty repair without any service charge at our Service Centers at any of the SILICON VALLEY branches.
- For provincial clients, if ever an item breaks down, the client has to send us that item, and we’ll have it repaired or replaced, depending on the decision of the distributor/manufacturer of the defective item. After the repair or replacement, we will send it back to the client. SILICON VALLEY will not pay any freight charges. The client has to shoulder all the shipping expenses during that back-and-forth transaction.
- Consumables are not covered by any warranty. (i.e., ink cartridges, ribbons, toners, diskettes, covers, etc.).
- The warranty on computer item(s) does not include software or virus problems. SILICON VALLEY is not responsible for loss of program or data stored on hard disk drives. The client/customer is responsible of having their data backed-up before requesting for warranty service.
- The warranty is void:
- If the item(s) has been damaged brought about by accident, misuse, misapplication or any abnormal causes (i.e. animal/insect bites or wastes on parts, use of wrong voltage, damages caused by the use of non-original consumables, damages caused by fire, floods, earthquakes, and other incidental events).
- If the warranty seal(s) of the item(s) has been tampered with or altered in any way
- If repaired or serviced by others besides us.
- If the product serial number has been altered, defaced or removed.
- There will be no On-site services and lending of backup units.
- Warranty is valid only for original purchaser only.
B. Warranty Limitations:
The warranty set forth is exclusive and no other warranty, whether written or oral, is expressed or implied. SILICON VALLEY specifically disclaims the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will the our company or its suppliers be liable to the client for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or incidental damages arising out of the use of any product or documentations like computer hardware, software, accessories, upgrades, etc. including any lost profit or lost savings, or any claim by any party, even if a representative of our company or its suppliers has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Product(s) that has been sent to a third party manufacturing representative through us for service warranty, our company will only serve as a bridge in following up the products and will not be held liable for any delays in releasing the item(s). Our company shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any item(s) that were checked-in or sent in our office, due to floor, fire, earthquake or other abnormal conditions beyond our control. Due to copyright on software, we will not be held liable for units seized or confiscated by authorities due to unlicensed software.
C. Procedure in claiming the warranty:
- Please attach a photocopy of this warranty agreement together with the defective items
- Please write your name with the telephone number and the problem of the item(s) at the back of the warranty agreement.
- Please do not include accessories of the defective items (i.e. power cable, printer cable, etc.) and items that are not purchased from us.
- Please take note that we will not pay any freight charges. All items should be brought in or sent to the branch from where you purchased your item.
- Any warranty items not claimed within 30 days from date of service will be disposed of by our company in any manner to cover the cost of service